Excerpt from Brian Tracy’s book, “The Way to Wealth – The Journey Begins”
Abraham Lincoln once said, “The fact that some succeed greatly is evidence that others may succeed greatly as well.”
The Law of Cause and Effect says, “for every effect in your life, there is a specific cause.”
If you can identify the effects that you want — higher sales, higher income, greater profitability, more success, respect and esteem from others, you can then trace back and find out what other successful people who started at the bottom did to achieve those goals. When you do the same things that other successful people do, over and over, you will eventually get the same results.
Successful job hunters work at it 40 hours a week. They take every idea and instead of saying, “This job hunting idea won’t work for me.” They say “How can I make this job hunting idea work for me.”
The Law of Incremental Improvement lies at the root of all great success in life. This law says that every great achievement is an accumulation of hundreds and even thousands of tiny efforts that no one ever sees or appreciates.
This means your job is out there. Its not a single action, its not a single line in your resume, its the combination of all the actions you take that will get you the job.
But the accumulation of these efforts, day after day, week after week, and month after month adds up to an extraordinary career and an extraordinary life.
The poet Henry Wordsworth Longfellow once wrote:
“The heights by great men reached and kept
Were not attained by sudden flight.
But they while their companions slept
Were toiling upward in the night.”
These 21 Job Hunter Success Tips have been adapted from articles by Brian Tracy.
Brian Tracy has over 40 books, CDs, and DVDs to help you meet your personal and professional goals and dreams.
I strongly recommend you listen to one of his CDs.
Start small with a onbe of the free 21 Success Secrets CD available from Brian Tracy.
There is a wide selection of free CDs available including:
21 Secrets For Success In Business CD’s (all are free)
- 21 Great Ways to Manage Your Time and Double Your Productivity
- The 21 Absolutely Unbreakable Laws of Money
- 21 Great Ways to Get Paid More and Promoted Faster
- 21 Great Ways to Become an Outstanding Manager
- 21 Great Ways to Hire and Keep the Best People
21 Secrets On Working CD’s (all are free)
- 21 Great Ways to Start and Build Your Own Successful Business
- 21 Great Ways to Get the Job You Really Want
- 21 Great Ways to Become a Sales Superstar
21 Secrets For The Entrepreneurs (all are free)
21 Secrets Of Love (all are free)
- 21 Great Ways to Stay in Love Forever
- 21 Great Ways to Meet and Marry the Woman of Your Dreams
- 21 Great Ways to Meet and Marry the Man of Your Dreams